Everything you need to know
WAYS TO LISTEN TO METRO FM
- ON YOUR RADIO:
Find the METRO FM frequency on the Frequency Finder. if your region isn't listed or if you're battling to get good signal: send us an email then we will look at it
METRO FM would love to broadcast over the entire country, but as it stands, METRO FM has the maximum number of transmitters legally allowed by ICASA. As a national radio station at the SABC Radio Station transmitters are allocated in certain areas only. These transmitters have a designated wattage strength which allows a specific footprint over a given area only. By law, we are not allowed to exceed this allocation. You can call ICASA explaining your needs and hopefully they can help you: 011 566 3000/3001.
- USING YOUR BROWSER (computer)
The "Listen Live" feature streams METRO FM live via any browser on your desktop computer, laptop.
You can logon into the website and see what is happening live in studio
4. VIA FACEBOOK/TWITTER
METRO FM's Facebook page and twitter page, you can get all updates on events, pictures and what is happening in the station
5. VIA ITUNES/YouTube
If you have iTunes downloaded on your device
You can view METRO FM events, music via this platform
6. USING THE ANDROID APP (not yet available)
We're auditing all of METROFM's digital platforms (website, mobisite, apps etc) and the Android app is one of these. We'll have one soon!
7. DSTV (available)
METRO FM is available on DSTV channel No 901
WHAT SONG IS PLAYING?
- The bar at the top above the Live Show section of Website should assist you
- ASK THE DJ
Please give the DJ as much information about the song as possible. Take note of the time/date/show the song was played. The song title, artist, lyrics or genre will also help.
For a list of DJs and DJ contact details, go to DJ’s and Profiles’
- ASK METROFMSA ON FACEBOOK
- ASK METROFMSA ON TWITTER
- METRO FM MOBISITE
We're auditing all digital platforms (website, mobisite, apps etc) and the ability to track songs on METRO FM's mobisite is one of the issues being attended to. Once this issue is resolved, you'll be able to go to metrofm.co.za on your phone to see the previously-played, current and next songs
- A NOTE ABOUT RDS (Song info displayed on your car radio)
METRO FM uses RDS (that's the info that comes up on your car radio that tells you what station you're on) to display the artist & track title of the song playing
- METRO FM top 40 chart
If you'd like to submit your music to be considered for airplay, submit it to email@example.com
YOU CAN GO TO WWW.METROFM.CO.ZA and get all the information about the DJ on air and the music playing
TOP40 MUSIC CHART
The METRO FM Top40 is presented by William Lehong on Saturdays 10:00am - 14:00pm. The latest available Top30 chart can be found on the website
General competition rules: The General Competition Rules are found on the Footer under Competitions.
If you've won a competition, please allow 6-8 weeks for the delivery of your prize.
You can direct all competition enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
METRO FM does not sponsor events. We act as a media partner and promote them.
This is facilitated by SABC HR department
WORK AT METRO FM
For on-air positions, send your CV and DEMO to METRO FM Station Manager, Sibongile Mtyali, email@example.com
The SABC and its services are signatories to various Codes of Conduct related to its broadcasts. If you have a complaint, you can direct it to any of the following bodies:
1. Details on lodging a complaint about programming content that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa can be found at www.bccsa.co.za
2. Details on lodging a complaint about advertising that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa can be found at www.asasa.org.za
3. Details on lodging a complaint about advertising that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Wireless Application Service Providers Association of South Africa can be found at www.waspa.co.za
You can send complaints on other SABC matters to:
Private Bag X1
Tel 011 714 3728
Fax 011 714 4508