METRO FM: RULES OF THE COMPETITION
• All METRO FM competitions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the
Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001)
• The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, partners, employees, agents, service
providers and consultants of the SABC, METROFM, the sponsor and all its subsidiaries and its holding
company, if any, as well as all spouses, life-partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners and
associates of such persons.
• The competition will run during the period advertised on METRO FM.
• Entries received outside of the competition period will not be considered for the competition draw.
• If it is via SMS OR E-MAIL ENTRY (that is, electronic), there is no restriction on the number of entries. You
may enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
• The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter. Neither the SABC,
METRO FM, Sponsors nor their agents will be held responsible or answerable to any entrant for any
dispute arising from the competition or prize awards.
• Prizes are not transferable, cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash and are not negotiable.
• By entering the competition, entrants agree to accept these rules, regulations and to be bound by them.
• The SABC, METRO FM, Sponsors and their agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the
competition at any time if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of their
• No person may enter the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by METRO FM within
three (3) months of winning the same or any other competition hosted partly or in whole by METRO FM.
• Prizes not collected/claimed within 6 months of being won will be disposed of at METRO FM's discretion.
• Prizes will be delivered within 4-6 weeks from the last day of the competition.
• Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the
• Winners may be required to have their details disclosed and appear on radio, television, the Internet or in
• METRO FM and the prize sponsors reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed
necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control and shall not be liable in
anyway whatsoever to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
• METRO FM reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes
shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by METRO FM.
No entrant shall have any recourse against METRO FM as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
• METRO FM will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the promotion's publicity, but
cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part from that advertised. Similarly, prize values
quoted may differ from the actual value of the prize.
• The announcement of a winner on air or on www.metrofm.co.za does not constitute a ruling by station
management that the winner has complied with the rules above. METRO FM may disqualify the entrant
after the announcement should any rule transgressions be discovered.
• Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. METRO FM, the SABC and the prize sponsors (and/or
their respective agencies) cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property
experienced as a result of winning, accepting and/or utilising prizes won.